Cossham Memorial Hospital in Kingswood opened its doors to patients in January 2013 after an extensive £19 million refurbishment.
The refurbishment followed a detailed consultation with local people, and an NHS review, to look at the healthcare needs of the population in Kingswood and East Bristol.
From May 2014 onwards, Cossham Hospital will be the local base for GP out-of-hours service.
Find out more about what services and clinics are at Cossham hospital:
Below are documents, Governing Body papers and other publications about Cossham Hospital:
NHS Call to Action: Public survey report
The results and analysis of our Call to Action survey - providing feedback about local and national NHS services and priorities – is now available. Views and suggestions have helped shape our draft Five Year Strategy.
Governing Body Meeting 25 February 2015: Chair's update
Update from Dr Jonathan Hayes, CCG Clinical Chair.
Governing Body Meeting 26 November 2014: Minutes
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 24th September 2014
- Public Participation at Board - statement on behalf of local Kingswoodresidents in relation to a Minor Injuries Unit at Cossham
- Update from the Chair: Connecting Care, Update on ...
Governing Body Meeting 26 November 2014: Item 5
Chair's Update including Joint CHC Protocol, Petition received regarding Cossham MIU, NHS England Five Year Forward View, Protected Learning Time Event – October 2014, Protected Learning Time Event – October 2014, Discussing commissioning plans for 2015/16 with practices, Public Health Conference ...
Governing Body Meeting 22 October 2014: Item 6.1
Paper to brief the Board on progress towards delivering the CCG's Integrated (commissioning and operational) plan in 2014/15.
- Priority 1: Delivery of a sustainable, high quality emergency and urgent care system 7 days a week, with improved integration of ...
Governing Body Meeting 24 September 2014: Item 8.6
Minutes of the Improving Patient Experience Forum on 30 July 2014.
Governing Body Meeting 23 April 2014: Item 6.2
Key areas of the CCG’s 2013/14 Integrated (commissioning and operational) Plan - year end highlight review of delivery uncliding: Re-commissioning Community Health Services, Refurbished Cossham hospital to open, providing acute services in the
community, Transition to the new Southmead Hospital for ...
Governing Body Meeting 26 March 2014: Item 5
Update from the Chair to the Governing Body on 26 March 2014 including Response from the Secretary of State on Frenchay, Health Briefing Workshops for Councillors , NHS Capital Grant, NHS England Quarter 3 Assurance Meeting, Public Engagement Event – ...
Governing Body Meeting 26 February 2014: Item 5
Update from the Chair to the Governing Body on 26 February 2014 including:
- Health Drop-In Sessions for Councillors
- Commissioning Plans 2014/15
- Cossham CQC Report
- Medicines Management
- Winterbourne View Joint Improvement Programme: Stocktake of Progress
- Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund
Spring 2014 Newsletter
- Sevice finder app launched
- Urgent care and winter monies
- Babies born at Cossham Hospital return to mark its first birthday – and theirs.
- CCG Board Meetings
- Cossham Hospital
- Dementia awareness days
- Southmead Hospital Update
- Sirona Care & Health has ...
Governing Body Meeting 27 November 2013: Item 5
Update from the Chair to the Governing Body on 27 November 2013 including:
- CCG Policies
- Perception of “gagging” clauses in CCG Constitutions
- Government Response to Francis
- Government Mandate to NHS England: 2014-15 Refresh
- Frenchay Health and Social Care Proposals ...
Governing Body Meeting 25 September 2013: Item 8.2
Minutes from the CCG's Membership Meeting on 11 July 2013 including:
- Urgent Care LES
- NBT Front Door Primary Care pilot
- National Strategic Framework for Primary Care Commissioning
- 4 NHS Regional and local appointments
- Annual report on delegated duties, access ...